Re: [Xen-users] xendomains stop and gplpv network questions

> 1. Has anyone else been having trouble with the xendomains script?
>
> I am running 4.2 stable on Debian Wheezy, and the xendomains script does
> not shut down my running domains (specifically two linux HVM's one with
> PVHVM).
>
> When run manually via `service xendomains stop` or `/etc/init.d/xendomains
> stop` it returns a success message, but my machines continue to run as
> though nothing happened.

That is a bit strange. Check the /etc/default/xendomains and see what the
behaviours are set to... it shouldn't leave the domains running but maybe is
set to save but save is failing?

> When I shut down my computer without running `xl destroy` on the running
> domains it locks up, my guess is because the domains are still running.

When you say 'locks up' do you mean dom0 gets part way through the shutdown
tasks then hangs waiting for xen services to shut down?

> 2. Is anyone else having problems restarting network adapters on Windows
> HVM's with GPLPV drivers?
>
> Without them it works fine, but with GPLPV installed if I disable and then
> attempt to re-enable a network adapter the device disappears from the
> machine.
>
> The only solution so far has been to reboot the HVM.

What Windows OS and what version of GPLPV? Sounds like a bug but I've disabled
and enabled adapters lots of times without problems...

James