Re: [Xen-users] Can't boot dom0 after upgrading to non-modified kernel

Thanks Ian, I am embarrassed, it was indeed a missing driver that was dropped when migrating the .config. It now works well, it really makes things way more convenient to use the kernel directly from the distrib's main tree.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-02-16 at 11:30 +0000, Sylvain Chevalier wrote:

> This grub setting fails (kernel is gentoo-sources):
> root (hd0,1)
> kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=4096M dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin
> module /boot/kernel-3.6.11-gentoo root=/dev/sda6

Does this kernel boot natively? Are you sure you have all the necessary
drivers etc?

Given the lack of logs it is rather hard to give any more specific
advice.

Ian.