Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.2.1 unable to get domain type for domid

On 22/02/13 01:52, Andrew Eross wrote:
Hi Ian,

I think so!, or sorta =)

To be exact, this is what my build/install steps looked like:

git clone git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git
cd xen
./configure
vi ./.config
#
PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG=--install-layout=deb
#
make world
make deb
cd ./dist
./install.sh

What do you think?

I think I had the error you had when 64 bits libs went in the wrong place. See if this applies to you. From the Wiki...

Library Installation Directory

Xen 4.2 onwards defaults to installing libraries into /usr/lib by default. Users on systems which use /usr/lib64 for 64-bit libraries should use the --libdir option. e.g:

$ ./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64

Also from the wiki, the python_prefix_arg needs to be blank like below for certain dists due to a bug.

Well, as far as I remember, I normally get the release bundle, then...

./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64
make xen (I think)
make stubdom (I think)
make tools (I think)
make install-xen
make install-stubdom (I think)
make install-tools PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG=
make install-docs

update-rc.d xencommons defaults
update-rc.d xendomains defaults

fiddle about with grub, fix xendomains, insert network bridge script somewhere, etc...