Re: [Xen-users] qemu-system-i386 on 64 bit system

On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 20:46 +0000, jacek burghardt wrote:
> I have qemu-system-i386  that crashes when I setup to use qemu-xen.

In the absence of any logs or further details about your configuration
(versions, cfg etc) I don't see how you expect anyone to answer this.

>  Also why is xen defaulting qemu to i386 and disbles 64 bit ?

Xen doesn't use any of the CPU emulation features of qemu, those are
provided by the hardware and some small amount of emulation in the
hypervisor itself. What Xen gets from qemu is the hardware models (e.g.
IDE devices, network devices etc) which are independent from the CPU.

So the choice of i386 or x86_64 is pretty much arbitrary and we happen
to use i386, but we still support 64-bit.

Ian.