Re: [Xen-users] Issuing hypercalls from Linux Guest

On 2/21/2013 1:37 AM, Yathindra wrote:
Hi,

I have defined a new hypercall in Xen hypervisor. It is similar to do_domctl() in that I pass a single argument and use XEN_GUEST_HANDLE() to retrieve the
arguments. Its currently working fine under Xen-4.3-unstable.

Now I want to invoke this hypercall via Linux-3.7.5 Guest. How do I go about
doing this.

Thanks,
Yathi
Hi,

I followed a approach similar to do_physdev_op in Linux-3.7.5.
I have a similar set of files under include/xen/interface/ directory.
After plumbing everything when I execute my hypercall via Linux,
I get -14 (EFAULT) as the return value. I added printk's on the Xen
side to see if the hypercall is reaching Xen but it does not.

Any general direction regarding this would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Yathi