Re: [Xen-users] VGA passthrough radeon 4850 as primary card

Hi Greg,

I'm actually pretty impressed by your patch! It didn't worked for me
with primary passthrough (boot got stuck at windows loading screen
after the first things like boot select displayed on primary card
well), but it actually seemed to have fixed my BSOD (the atikmdag.sys
0x0116 one many people have) issue in secondary passthrough I had for
a while and therefor did more for my system stability then the last
like 200 unstable changesets combined ;)

So in my opinion this patch should be cleaned up and definitely be
included in xen-unstable (or better to say in xen-qemu) cause it
really improves vga passthrough stability, which more and more people
using xen for.

One issue I had with this patch, though:

You do an additional "#include <sys/io.h>" in pt-graphics.c which
actually breaks the stubdom build (which is included when you do a
'make world') because the stubdom build doesn't uses the system's
include path but it's own where io.h simply isn't included. I don't
know much about the stubdom build process and how to fix this issue
but other then this the patch (i had to clean it up a bit but this was
only correcting paths for xen-unstable, i can provide my version if
you want) seems fine for me.

I would really like to see this beeing included in at least the
unstable branches as soon as possible :)