Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.1.3, EFI boot and "no console to OS" problem

Hello Janno,

First question, do you have SSH configured and can you access via SSH?

Second, have you tried switching TTY consoles after the login screen freezes? ÂIs it possible it could just be the GUI and not the console? ÂHotkeys like ctrl+alt+F# will switch you to various terminal consoles which may allow you to at least gain access and try to debug locally.

This may be a long shot, but what GUI are you using? ÂXen 4.1 had an EFI bug for me where it would not recognize all available memory, and Gnome3 (as an example) locks up with 512MB or less.

If you can access the system via the alternative TTY or via SSH you may be able to check using the xm or xl toolstacks `dmesg` and searching for "System RAM".

Unfortunately if that is the cause the only solution I am aware of involves modifying the source and rebuilding, which is not at all helpful if you are using packages.

Hope these suggestions help with troubleshooting.

~Casey