Re: [Xen-users] Experiencing kernel panic with SSH + LVM + Xen + significant amounts of data

I can't help with the Kernel Panic but I can say that I too used to copy LV's around with  "dd if=... | ssh dd of=...", a much more elegeant and fault tolerant way to do these copies is to export an LV as an iSCSI Target, attach the Target on the remote machine and then dd locally.