[Xen-users] Yet another networking script for Openvswitch and VLAN support

Hi!

I had some hard times to get XEN 4.1 (Debian) working with Openvswitch (1.4.2). If found some references in the Internet, but none of them worked for me - so I hacked them myself, using the idea the of http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2011-08/msg00071.html.

So, please find attached the network scripts.

xen-network-common.sh: Originally I wanted to write a new script and configure in xend-config.sxp the new "vif-script". But this does nto work, as xen sometimes also calls the default vif-script, which of course fails (maybe because I use HVM). Thus I changed the default vif-script.

qemu-ifup: This is necessary if you use HVM

The scripts are capable of VLANs, this means, OVS is configured with the proper VLAN when adding an interface to the bridge. This is done by adding .vlantag to the bridge interface name, e.g.:

vif = [ 'model=e1000,mac=00:16:3E:AA:BB:00,bridge=br0.627' ]

This will add the interface to br0 with VLAN 627.

Note: My scripts will not try to fix the network setup when it is broken. Thus, the basic network setup has to be done outside of XEN with OS means.

regards
Klaus