[Xen-users] XEN-4.1 PVUSB with Kernel 3.5

Hi Folks,

i am running Ubuntu Quantal with Kernel 3.5 from deb.

I am looking to use the XEN PVUSB module to use with above named kernel.
I used the source package from James Harper patched for Kernel 3.2. But the build failed with:

make -C /lib/modules/3.5.0-26-generic/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback modules
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.5.0-26-generic'
  CC [M]  /usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback/xenbus.o
/usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback/xenbus.c:322:2: Fehler: unbekanntes Feld »name« in Initialisierung angegeben /usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback/xenbus.c:322:2: Warnung: Initialisierung von inkompatiblem Zeigertyp [standardmäßig aktiviert] /usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback/xenbus.c:322:2: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »usbback_driver.ids«) [standardmäßig aktiviert] /usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback/xenbus.c:323:2: Fehler: unbekanntes Feld »owner« in Initialisierung angegeben /usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback/xenbus.c:323:2: Warnung: Initialisierung von inkompatiblem Zeigertyp [standardmäßig aktiviert] /usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback/xenbus.c:323:2: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »usbback_driver.probe«) [standardmäßig aktiviert]
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback/xenbus.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/xenpvusb/xen-usbback] Fehler 2
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.5.0-26-generic'
make: *** [default] Fehler 2

As I am not firm with module/kernel programming i could not understand the message, a google search shows only the standard xen usb sites.

Some time ago i was able to compile the module under debian kernel 3.2, but i was not able to passthrough more than one usb stick.

The goal is to passthrough some codemeter usb sticks to the domu running windows XP. Actual i can only passthrough one of them

with

 usb = 1
 usbdevice = host:xxxx:yyyy

All sticks have the same vendor and product id, so this config only passes one of the sticks.

I also tried the usbip project from sourceforge, it worked with one stick (didn't try more), but this creates a log file for the usbip session. As there is no option to avoid this, i have the fear it will flood my harddisk and run into stopping the system. The licenses provided by the codemeter sticks are used nearly round the clock the working days, the usb passthrough should work reliable, speed is not the bottleneck here.

How can i passthrough 4 sticks to my domu. PCI passthrough is not possible, since the mainboard of the dom0 does not support ioemmu.

Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

Chris Fischer