Re: [Xen-users] newbie in trouble with CentOS Xen

On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 10:05 -0600, Alexandre Kouznetsov wrote:

> It seems like, Dom0's IP connectivity is not done directly via the
> actual device. Instead it creates a vif0.2 and maps it as eth2 to Dom0,
> as it would do with any other Dom.
> Seems much cleaner than the setup I described before, as "old ways",
> when a eth was renamed to peth and a bridge called eth was created.

We're getting a bit away from the original topic, but this is still a
useful discussion. This explains a lot.  We've got the ethX devices
which are the physical device, same as any non-Xen system, and the
xenbrX devices, which are the actual bridges. The pethX devices don't
seem to serve any real purpose. I would hazard a guess that the pethX
devices aren't really needed at all, and are just there for historical
compatibility.

--Greg