Re: [Xen-users] AMD-Vi/Intel VT-d: Passthrough or virtualization?

Hello Zir,

On Apr 8, 2013, at 5:38 PM, Zir Blazer <zir_blazer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
> At least, if I recall correctly, the problem with that type of passthrough is
> that only ONE Virtual Machine can make use of the Video Card. If I virtualize
> it, can multiple VMs share the same GPU, like the OSes currently do with the
> CPU? What are the limitations?

The limitations are tough to Hague because, in practice, they'll vary
from product to product, and likely driver to driver.

That said, PCI Express technically supports hot plugging, so you can
disconnect the device from one machine and attach it to another while
they're online, and it'll likely work at the bus level, at least.
That's a project on my infinitely large shelf. :P

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky