Re: [Xen-users] A10 or A8 with xen

AMD's latest APUs (CPU + GPU) are numbered A6, A8, and A10. These are laptop and desktop CPUs.

Similar to how Intel CPUs are numbered i3, i5, and i7.

The question is whether or not it's possible to passthrough the integrated GPU.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(apologies for the late reply, I've been away for a few weeks)

On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 21:58 +0000, jacek burghardt wrote:
> I wonder if anyone had been able to run xen on laptop with A8 or A10
> and pass the video card. Or if someone can recommend laptop that can
> run xen and can pass video card

You mean ARM Cortex-A{8,10}? AFAIK neither of those have the required
virtualisation extensions. Only the A7 and A15 currently implement
those.

However since you mention laptops perhaps you mean some other A8/A10?

Ian.

Freddie Cash
fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx