Re: [Xen-users] Used Opensuse Xen kernel in Ubuntu 12.04

Thank you all, I will try all of your suggestion and write the result.

Regards,

Agya

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM, jacek burghardt <jaceksburghardt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Those errors look like you are missing modules exceptÂUnable to read sysrq code in control/sysrq that error is something that old kernels have I had seen that when using 3.8.6 kernel with opensuse patches on arch linux.. I wouldÂrecommendÂgit checkout kernel-source of open suse and extract patch set by using diff -Naur and then follow kernel ubuntu way to create custom kernel. You can also look at what modules get loaded with regular ubuntu kernel and make sure thatÂthoseÂare part of your initramfs including drivers for your hard drive controller. I had found out that kondrad git kernel patched up to 3.8.6 is much faster in hard drive access that opensuse kernel. I am getting 88 mb/sÂsequentialÂreads under kondrad git kernel (master) patched to 3.8.6 and opensuse was giving me 25 to 50 and my windows server 2012 felt very slow. Maybe better option is to look for patches to kernel for stuff you are looking yo implementÂ