Re: [Xen-users] Mapping GPIO ports to domU

On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 12:30 +0100, Srinivas Ch wrote:
> Hello,
>

>       I have physical address of GPIO port, I want to map that
> physical address to domU and make domU to access those ports. These
> GPIO ports can be accessed through I/O port as well. What is the best
> way to achieve this other than shared driver model. Since these GPIO
> ports are on-chip I can't even make them as pass through. So what is
> the possible solution?

It's not clear to me if you are talking about MMIO registers or X86 I/O
address space ports.

With xl you can use "ioports = [...]" and "iomem = [...]" in your domain
configuration. IIRC xend only supported ioports.

iomem only works at the page granularity though, so if you use that you
will be exposing the entire page containing the ports, which may be a
problem depending on what shares that page. If you can use the I/O
address space to access these registers that would probably be
preferable for that reason.

Ian.