From: Jan-Aage Frydenbø-Bruvoll [mailto:jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 11:41 PM
To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SSD 4K Alignment?

Hi,

> Reason I ask is that with a single Windows 2008 R2 VM on XCP 1.6 all loaded on
> a Samsung 840 500GB SSD I am getting IOPS and transfer rates in IOMeter that
> are a fraction (as in 5%) of the manufacturers claims.

Quite interested to hear your conclusions if any. We ended up dropping XCP as a
platform with the last bunch of VMs being replaced last Christmas, due to IO
and networking performance issues. We were never able to get more than 20 MBps
out of the VM disks, and network performance was poor enough for it to be
impossible to run heavily loaded load balancers (IPVS) on them.

I am sure our problems were due to configuration mistakes, at least I hope so,
but we have never seen anything like it in our new environment (on the same
hardware).

Best regards
Jan