Re: [Xen-users] Freezing Windows VM`s on XCP 1.6.10-61809c

On Tue, 05/07/2013 11:39 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-05-07 at 10:27 +0100, ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐ ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ wrote:
> > Good day. I'm using XCP 1.6.10-61809c. Faced with the following
> > problem. There are a number of virtual machines running Windows Server
> > 2003 R2. For unknown reasons, the machine stops responding on RDP, you
> > can not connect and the local console. Ping works. Through XenCenter
> > reboot fails, the task hangs. Only works Force Reboot, but if the
> > machine is sent to reboot properly and the problem is hung Force
> > Reboot after reboot is obtained only through the xe-toolstack-restart.
> > I suspect that the problem is XenTools but not sure. How can I
> > overcome this problem?
>
> Hi, you may have more luck with XCP questions on the (badly named)
> xen-api@list where most of the XCP discussion happens.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX131421

1. Identify the host running the guest
2. Get the uuid of the VM
3. Destroy the domain using "destroy_domain" utility
4. Reset the VM's powerstate using force=true

I run a number of Windows VMs and I generally only notice this problem on my
ADMIN servers or VMs that I frequently manage using XenCenter. I suspect it may
have something to do with the fact that XenCenter uses RDP for the guest
"console" if xentools are installed. I haven't tested this theory yet however..