Re: [Xen-users] static IP config

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 16:21:07 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 14 May 2013 21:22:59 +0000

Hello.

El 14/05/13 07:30, Simon Jones escribiÃ:
 Iâm now looking to configure them with fixed IPs rather than DHCP
as Iâll need this in production but struggling to find some docs so
if anyone can point me to them that would be great.
Threat this as your DomUs where normal, not virtualized computers. Configure a static IP on their's network interfaces, in /etc/network/interfaces.

Hereâs my config file for the Debian host, but it still boots with a DHCP!
It boots with DHCP because the guest OS has it's network interface configured so.

[...]
# dhcp        = 'dhcp'
vif         = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:14:D8:42,bridge=xenbr0,ip=10.0.0.101' ]
This settings does not affects the guest's network interface IP configuration. The address set as "ip=" makes Dom0 to apply ipfilter rules to make sure this VIF is allowed to communicate while using this IP. If you are not using a paranoid local firewall on Dom0, "ip=" is not needed.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov