Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.2 + XP x64 + PVGPL 2K3 x64 = BSOD (UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME)

On May 19, 2013, at 5:10 AM, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The subject says it all, really.
>
> I couldn't find any XP x64 specific drivers, but in all other cases 2K3 x64
> drivers have worked for me on XP x64, so since the kernels and driver models
> are the same, I am guessing this should work.
>
> Thankfully I took a snapshot of the block device before installing the
> drivers.
>
> Is there a better driver to use on XP x64?
>
> The HVM disk performance is really quite attrocious. From dom0, I get about
> 60MB/s on unbuffered reads with dd iflag=direct and hdparm -t. From domU I
> get 5MB/s and qemu-dm hits 100% CPU usage.
>
> Is there a way to make this work

Always!  I'm just not sure how :P

> establish why it doesn't work?

If you could get the system booted from a completely different storage
device, and then try to get GPLPV working on a volume that's not the
boot volume, that might be a good place to start.  Personally, due to
either my brand of weirdness or perhaps tunnel vision, I would boot
from an iSCSI volume and then attempt to interact with the "local"
disks that way.

Alternatively, the only other method is probably to hook up the kernel
debugger and interrogate things from there.  :P

Cheers,
Andrew