Re: [Xen-users] DHCP Server

Found it, the dhcp server by default is configured to listen only on br0. I added my bridge to it
and it started to work.

Thanks,
Dhanesh.
On 05/24/2013 12:13 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Jaya Dhanesh
<jaya.dhanesh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am using Xen and want to configure DHCP server on Dom0 so that all DomU
coming up will get the
ip address from DHCP. I have a bridge on which one interfcae from all the DomU
will be connected.
I have configured an IP to the bridge and have an entry for the same subnet in
the dhcpd.conf. My host is suse11. I see the DHCP request coming from DomU to
the bridge, but no DHCP responses. Can I have
a DHCP server configured on Dom0 for an subnet configured on a bridge?

In general, you can. However there are things that can make it a bit
complicated. For example, bridge forwarding delay.

What does the log of your dhcp server say? Does it receive the
request? Does it send dhcp offer?

--
Fajar