Re: [Xen-users] img format, they call it "raw"

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 10:42:17 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:43:51 +0000

Hello.

El 27/05/13 00:13, Jaya Dhanesh escribió:
I got a .iso image, used virt-install (GUI) to create a VM. This created
disk0.raw image.
Well, .iso are usually CD/DVD images, quite different from a disk image. From what you say I would assume you have used a .iso image of a OS installation media to deploy a whole new VM. I thought your goal was to move a existing VirtualBox VM to Xen.

I tried to
use this .raw image to create a new VM using xm create. Create was
successful, but Iam not able to
login to the console.
So, do you have a DomU console but can't login? Any error message?

I think its not able to find the boot location.
In that case, it would specifically say so. Try "-c" option for xm create, it will attach the VM's console to your terminal. Paste here the console output, an the config file for you VM.

Will the created .raw image cant be used to create another VM?
No idea. What do you mean?

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov