Re: [Xen-users] xen on arch linux

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Daniel Shub
<Daniel.Shub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry for hijacking an old xen-users thread. I hoping to enlist your help in
> getting the Arch Xen wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xen) into
> better shape. I know Zootboy made some changes a few months ago, and I
> recently edited a fair amount, but it is still not very good. It doesnât
> cover efi boot at all or anything like PCI passthrough. Hope you will take a
> look at what I have edited and make it better.
>
> Dan

You seem to have not included the list in your email. Don't forget to
reply-all.

Although I would never suggest that anyone _not_ improve the wiki, the
topics that you mention are general topics for Xen that do not pertain
solely to arch. The Xen project already has a wiki, see [1] for an
example.

Also, I have been following the EFI saga a bit, and it seems that even
upstream has issues getting it to work reliably. I don't think it's so
much a documentation issue as a code issue. I would love to help out,
but I unfortunately do not have any EFI motherboards to test Xen on.

The Xen project has documentation days the last Monday of every month
[2]. If you'd like to help out, the upstream Wiki could always use
some work, and I feel that work documenting the usage of core features
of Xen would be better utilized upstream than in a distro-specific
wiki.

But please, discourse is always welcome. Let me know what you think.
(Also, I'm in the midst of migrating emails. zootboysean@xxxxxxxxx and
sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx are both my email addresses, and I may reply
from either.)

[1] http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_PCI_Passthrough
[2] http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days

--
--Zootboy

Sent from some sort of computing device.