Re: [Xen-users] Running Xen after compile

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 06:31:26PM +0000, mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm presuming that it would have something to do with xen kernel stuff being
> merged into the main kernel - that kind of makes redhat (and decendants)
> switch to kvm moot - doesn't it?
> As long as there are no conflicts - but definitely - a mainstream official
> package set should make everything easier and help with adoption - I'm
> looking forward to that as well :-)
> Cheers,
> Mitch

Not exactly. The Xen stuff has been merged into the kernel for quite
some time now. As with almost every feature of the kernel, however, it
is configurable to be compiled in or not. The stock CentOS 6 kernels do
not have the Xen features enabled at compile time, and therefore cannot
run Xen even though the versions of kernels that they run _could_
support it. It's something they actively choose to disable.

--Sean