[Xen-users] Xen kernel booting to black screen.

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Joshua Tuttle <jtuttle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:53:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:54:44 +0000

Hey,

I am using Xen 4.1.4 downloaded from apt-get with Debian 7.0 “Wheezy”. Debian boots fine, but when I try to select the Xen kernel in grub, it just boots to a black screen. The only text that comes up before the black screen is “loading initial ramdisk”

I’ve just purchased a new Asus laptop and am wondering if it has something to do with the hardware. I have been able to install Xen on another machine and in virtualbox with out any problem.

I have tried placing “nomodeset” as a kernel parameter, but have had no luck with it.

Any help would be great

Thanks,

Josh

This message and all attachments are PRIVATE, and contain information that is PROPRIETARY to Intelligent Automation, Inc. You are not authorized to transmit or otherwise disclose this message or any attachments to any third party whatsoever without the express written consent of Intelligent Automation, Inc. If you received this message in error or you are not willing to view this message or any attachments on a confidential basis, please immediately delete this email and any attachments and notify Intelligent Automation, Inc.