Re: [Xen-users] DomU suspension/hibernation

On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 15:16 +0000, Joshua Tuttle wrote:
> Hey,
>

> I thought there was supposed to be an ability for domUâs to be put
> into a hibernated state (E.g. current running tasks and memory) when
> dom0 is shutdown or rebooted. When
>
> I look in my /etc/default/xendomains file, I have the variableâs
> âXENDOMAINS_SAVE=/var/lib/xen/saveâ and âXENDOMAINS_RESTORE=trueâ.
> However, when I reboot, I always have
>
> to restart my domains manually and their state was not saved.

> My current configuration is as follows: Xen 4.2.1, dom0: Debian 7.0,
> domU:Debian 7.0, dom0 kernel 3.2.0-4

Are you using the Debian packages or Xen compiled from source?

Which toolstack are you using?

If you installed from source, did you enable the xendomains script when
you did so? (by invoking update-rc.d or something equivalent)

Does manually running xendomains ("service xendomains stop" then
"service xendomains start") produce any output?

Ian.