Re: [Xen-users] DomU suspension/hibernation

Joshua,

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Joshua Tuttle <jtuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey,

I thought there was supposed to be an ability for domU’s to be put into a hibernated state (E.g. current running tasks and memory) when dom0 is shutdown or rebooted. When

I look in my /etc/default/xendomains file, I have the variable’s “XENDOMAINS_SAVE=/var/lib/xen/save” and “XENDOMAINS_RESTORE=true”. However, when I reboot, I always have

to restart my domains manually and their state was not saved.

My current configuration is as follows: Xen 4.2.1, dom0: Debian 7.0, domU:Debian 7.0, dom0 kernel 3.2.0-4

Any idea on what I need to do to get this working properly?

Thanks,

Josh

Just to make sure we've covered the basics, have you also created the configuration files for the VMs that you want to auto save/restore in /etc/xen/auto ?

Regards,

  David