Re: [Xen-users] No volume groups on install; cannot connect to xend

Russell,

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen outlines how to install Xen on Ubuntu (see "During installation of Ubuntu"). Also http://www.virtuatopia.com/index.php/Building_a_Xen_Virtual_Guest_Filesystem_using_Logical_Volume_Management_(LVM), gives a good overview on disk management and Xen.

My inderstanding is that the "Unable to connect to xend: Connection refused. Is xend running? error does typicall occur when the Dom0 volume is full (or maybe in this case does not exist, because xenlearner forgot to set up an empty volume group). There are quite a few articles out there when you google for the error message.

Lars