Re: [Xen-users] USB devices in dom0 failing to accept address

On Wed, 2013-06-26 at 18:26 +0000, Andy Hawkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In article <1372243702.7337.28.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>            Ian Campbell<Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think you should take a step back and report/tackle that lockup issue
> > head on rather than working around it. I strongly suspect that it is
> > causing your USB issue.
> >
> > The first step for the lockup issue would still be to check you have the
> > latest BIOS though.
>
> Ok, I'll give that a go. It was odd that it booted just fine all through the
> installation of Debian, but since the first boot after the installation it
> would lock up solid.
>
> acpi parameters were all I could do to get it to boot.
>
> >> I'll double check the BIOS on the motherboard, it might well not be the
> >> latest version. However, the USB stuff *does* work just fine if I book to
> >> 'vanilla' linux rather than Xen.
> >
> > Including if you use the Linux equivalent of "acpi=noirq" ?
>
> Not sure what you mean here. I'm passing the 'acpi=noirq' on the linux
> command line at boot. The USB stuff did work just fine when I did that (at
> least, I'm 99% sure it did).

OK, then I'm a bit confused about under which circumstances you are
seeing the various issues.

Are you saying that a native boot of Linux (without Xen) with no
commandline acpi=noirq parameters works, or that it locks up?

If you boot natively (no Xen) with acpi=noirq does USB work?

Ian.