Re: [Xen-users] Can't connect vncviewer to domU

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:51:36 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 14:52:29 +0000

Hello.

El 29/06/13 08:41, PatomaS . escribió:
      My original message and problem is in
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2013-06/msg00422.html,
Your etc_xen_win7.cfg says "on_reboot='destroy'" twice, needs little cleanup.

To be honest, many of HVM options looks like mysterious magic to me, although they are described in the documentation, so I almost always use the same configuration with minor changes. Take a look on the config file I use to run w7. "ioemu" are commented out but still there for reference, my w7 has PV drivers installed.

name    = 'w7VM'
memory  = '2048'
#vif     = [ 'mac=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX,bridge=xenbr01,type=ioemu' ]
#disk    = [
#            'phy:/dev/mainVG/w7VM-disk,ioemu:hda,w',
#            'phy:/dev/mainVG/w7VM-data,ioemu:hdb,w',
#            'file:/mnt/masters/ISO/w7.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r'
vif     = [ 'mac=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX,bridge=xenbr01' ]
disk    = [
            'phy:/dev/mainVG/w7VM-disk,hda,w',
            'phy:/dev/mainVG/w7VM-data,hdb,w',
          ]
vfb = [ 'type=vnc,keymap=es,vnclisten=0.0.0.0,vncdisplay=11,vncpasswd=XXXXXXXX' ]
boot = 'c'
builder = 'hvm'
kernel = '/usr/lib/xen-4.0/boot/hvmloader'
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen-4.0/bin/qemu-dm'
usbdevice='tablet'
localtime=1

on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'preserve'

      I have changed the memory parameter in /etc/xen/win.cfg, from 1024
to 4096 and now the domU stays active, or at least on the list

      before:
      memory=1024
      mamem=4096

      after:
      memory=4096
      mamem=4096
s/mamem/maxmem/ ??

In any case, I would not expect the amount of RAM to be the issue. Even 1GB is enough to run w7 without applications on it.

      Now, the system seems to be active, but I still can't connect the
vncviewer to the domU.
Start checking if your vncserver is even listening, with "netstat -lnp | grep qemu-dm". Make sure your access to it is not blocked by a firewall.

When I use xl list from another console, I can see that after 20 seconds
+/-, the state changes from 'r' to 'b'. I suppose that is because it's
waiting for me to do something.
B[locked] is a normal state for a domain that is up and healthy. In any given moment only few domains are in running state, the rest are awaiting for resources or simply have nothing to do.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov