Re: [Xen-users] Alternative XEN kernel for CentOS 6.x?

> On 07/01/2013 06:20 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I followed the instructions on this page,
>> http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/Xen4 to install XEN4 on CentOS 6.3 but
>> it has a rather unusual XEN kernel: 3.4.50-8.el6.centos.alt.x86_64
>>

>> Does anyone know if there's another XEN kernel available for CentOS?
>
> Yes there is:
>
> http://xen.crc.id.au/support/guides/install/
>
> Gordan

Please read my reply from
http://www.xenproject.org/questions-and-answers/installing-xen-domu-with-custom-kernel.html#reply-32

If someone need intel kernels with SMT (Hyperthreading) scheduler support,
let me know and I'll compile.

I've been using those custom kernels and compared to any distribution
default kernel; a vps using those kernels are better versus vanilla
kernels thus when you boot kernel outside guest, no need to stress upon
distribution/kernel update that is your kernel out of sync whatsoever