Re: [Xen-users] Odd domU Reboot Bug (possibly VGA passthrough related)

On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 19:22 +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> The thing that bothers me is that NVRM seems to be what's complaining,
> but the GPU being passed through is firmly under control of xen-pciback.

Do the xl -vvv logs or the logs under /var/log/xen/ say anything about
rebinding the device at all?

AIUI pci-assignable-add is supposed to unbind the original driver and
bind to pciback and nothing is supposed to rebind until
pci-assignable-remove, but perhaps something is (inadvertently)
happening on domain shutdown too?

If you examine /sys you should be able to see which driver is bound to
the device, which might give a clue.

If you just nuke the NV driver from dom0 altogether does that help? What
about if you hide the device via the kernel command line rather than
dynamically (assuming that works in your setup)?

Ian.