Re: [Xen-users] my osx 10.8 on xen 4.3

Could you be more specific about what was needed to get OS X running?
I am interested in getting OS X to work under Xen on my MacBook Air.
What patch was applied to seabios, and were there any other steps
needed outside of a simple "configure ; make" of xen 4.3?  This info
would be greatly appreciated.

For networking, try the following patch to QEMU - it is from some
earlier work done to get OS X working on KVM.  It looks like it will
still apply fairly cleanly.  Much better than trying to revamp the
drivers from within OS X.  I do not know if the patch breaks use of
e1000 by non-OSX operating systems.
https://github.com/saucelabs/mac-osx-on-kvm/blob/master/e1000-mac-hacks.patch

Which was found as part of the following collection:
https://github.com/saucelabs/mac-osx-on-kvm

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~somlo/OSXKVM/ reports, as of May
2013 on KVM, that QEMU does not require patching.  However, the above
patch seems worthwhile if networking is not working.

I would like to hear if this, or maybe one of the other patches, helps.

As far as Xen drivers in OS X, the quickest port is probably from
FreeBSD, but I have not heard of anyone undertaking the effort.

Cheers,
Eric