Re: [Xen-users] XEN not working after reboot

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 08:13 +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> We moved some servers from one DC to another DC. The IP addresses and
> routing stayed the same (DC handled this) but now XEN doesn't work on
> one of the servers.
>

> When I logged in, XEN wasn't running so I manually started it with
> "/etc/init.d/xend restart" but then there's no network bridge at all.

Was Xen supposed to run automatically? Did you investigate this? Perhaps
this was a symptom of a larger problem?

You don't say which version of Xen you are running, did you also start
the xencommons service which is needed from somewhere around Xen 4.1
onwards?

> Link veth0 is missing.
> This may be because you have reached the limit of the number of interfaces
> that the loopback driver supports.  If the loopback driver is a module, you
> may raise this limit by passing it as a parameter (nloopbacks=<N>); if the
> driver is compiled statically into the kernel, then you may set the parameter
> using loopback.nloopbacks=<N> on the domain 0 kernel command line.
[...]
> Does anyone know what could cause this, or how to fix it?

Did you try the advice given in the error message?

Ian.