Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 domU bridge problem - virtualizing ISC DHCP server

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:32:16 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:33:21 +0000

Hello.

El 20/07/13 11:08, Jakub Kulesza escribió:
Where should I start looking? What might be the connectivity problem?
I would start running tcpdump within DomU and Dom0:
- Find out where the DHCPDICOVER reach, and where they not.
- What is missing, the DHCP requests or answers.
- If a multihomed host is involved, does the packets leaves on the right interface?
Does the DHCP server shows something in the log?

I had issues with UDP based services on DomU, specifically with TFTP server. Solved by disabling checksuming offload on the virtualized NIC "ethtool -K eth0 tx off". It ma be added to the corresponding entry in /etc/network/interfaces file as "post-up ethtool -K eth0 tx off".

I do not recall having problems with DHCP server on a DomU, but it has been a while since I run dnsmasq almost everywhere, instead of ISC DHCPD.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov