Re: [Xen-users] FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

Hi,

On 22 Jul 2013, at 10:40, Jeroen van der Ham <jeroen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Could you also try a HEAD XENHVM kernel (without my patches), to see if
>> the issue is related to my changes or to some bug already present in HEAD?

It seems I was worrying too soon.

I have been putting the system through the wringer some more, and I now believe
that it has been caused by adding a new swap file. Just before I rebooted my
system I created a larger swap file to be used by /etc/rc.d/add_swap.
Right after I rebooted I started compiling and doing other things. And I am
getting the feeling that the system was still initialising that swap file and
was unable to provide swap space at that time.

I've rebooted my system again with the PVHVM system, abused it even more than I
did before and I'm not seeing the same messages again, nor getting any
exaggerated sluggishness.

So my apologies for the false alarm.

Jeroen.