Re: [Xen-users] HVM DomU+Dom0 crash with PCI USB passthrough

On 08/01/2013 05:52 PM, Gustav Sorenson wrote:
Hello,

Apologies if this is too obvious, but - you did install the latest driver
for that USB controller in domU, right?

No apologies needed, I'm happy if people point out things that may
seem obvious to them - I might just have forgotten about it, or it may
not be obvious to me.

In this case though, installing the driver didn't help. I would have
been surprised if it did, since I've never had to install a driver for
USB2 components on Windows 7 before.
Even with the driver installed, I have an unrecognized PCI device in
DomU. But that might be something else (from qemu for example.)

I assume though that the error messages I posted in the last mail,
saying "qemu refused to
add device," may be the cause why the USB ports don't work in DomU.

Any ideas what I can do about it?

No idea, sorry - I'm seeing a similar issue with passing through USB devices (as opposed to PCI USB controllers).

Gordan