Re: [Xen-users] qemu-dm sound card support..

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 15:55 +0200, nesredin mahmud wrote:
> hello everyone,
>

> I created HVM guest on xen-4.1. Many of the features I want are
> working except the sound system.
>
> I tried available sound driver models (sb16|es1370|ac97,pcspk), no
> luck. Then I taught may be my sound card is not supported by qemu-dm.
> How is it possible to know if my sound card is supported by qemu-dm?

I don't think qemu-dm knows/cares about the physical card in your
system, which can certainly be different to the emulated device exposed
to the guest.

I'm not sure exactly what it takes to enable sound for an HVM guest, I
suggest you start by examining the build logs, in particular the output
of the configure run for qemu-dm. You probably need some libraries
available (perhaps ALSA, or maybe some SDL audio related ones?), the
output of configure will hopefully tell you what is missing.

Ian.