Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.3 - bridge with bonding under Debian Wheezy

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:52:45 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 21:54:00 +0000

Hello.

El 20/08/13 15:40, Shane Johnson escribió:
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
the interfaces. Comment out "auto" keyword and bring them up manually first,
in the correct order. Watch for errors, they shall tell you what is wrong.
Once it's working, enable auto back.

[...]

Did you ever get this resolved?  I have a machine with 4 NICS in it
that I tried to bond and use with the bridging and I found that all
the communication from the DOMU was blocked.  DOM0 was fine.  I was
going to look into this again and was hoping you might have some
insight.

If you are asking me, I do have a working setup, but on Debian Squeeze (see no hurry to upgrade). I would not expect it to be different on Wheezy.

The thing that might be different, is that are at least two ways of doing link aggregation with Xen (AFAIK). One is to create the bond with ifenslave (ifupdown serves as a nice wrapper to it), and then attach it to a bridge, this is the one I use. The other is to incorporate the physical interfaces directly to a bridge and manage them via Open vSwitch, this is the one I have not played with yet. For example, XenServer (and XCP) uses Open vSwitch.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov