[Xen-users] (no subject)

Hi guys,

I am new to Xen hyper-visor, I am setting up a cloud that is based on Xen hyper-visor. So, I am running Xen 4.1.2 over Ubuntu server 12.04 - LTS (I installed the XEN packages based on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen).

I am setting up a cluster, so far as I read on the Xen documentation, I would need a shared storage between all Xen processing nodes. So, I created an NFS server and exported a folder called "/srv/nfsv4/xen/vms" and mounted it on the Xen Servers. Then, I tried to create VMs using an NFS shared folder, the installation process starts, but when the installation checks the hardware, it says that was not found a HD device and the installation cannot continue. I do not understand why I am getting this message, I thought that when I use the NFS options in .cfg files the Xen would emulate a HD device to the guest O.S mapped by /dev/nfs.

Here is the configuration file I generate using http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man8/xen-create-nfs.8.html:

#
# Configuration file for the Xen NFS-root instance ubuntu-openstack.
# Created by xen-tools 4.2.1 on Fri Aug 23 22:47:02 2013.
#

#
#  Common stuff.
#
kernel  = '/xen/imagens/ubuntu-netboot/vmlinuz'
ramdisk = '/xen/imagens/ubuntu-netboot/initrd.gz'
memory  = 2048
vcpus = 2

# Name
name        = 'ubuntu'
hostname    = 'ubuntu'

#
#  Networking
#
dhcp        = 'dhcp'
vif         = [ '' ]

#  NFS options
nfs_server = 'ip address'
nfs_root   = '/srv/nfs4/xen/vms'
root       = '/dev/nfs'

Any ideas of what mistakes I am making?, by the documentations I have read it should work, but it is not.

--
Rafael Weingartner