[Xen-users] Live Migration without shared storage or pool

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Philippe Guggenbühl <philippe.guggenbuehl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:27:58 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:04:26 +0000

Hi there,

Im trying to live-migrate a Windows guest server from one Host to another without shared-storage or a Pool. In XenCenter this is basically possible, but because the Host servers have different CPUs theres a message that the VM is incompatible with the CPU of the Host. I read in another Forum, that with the CLI it should be possible to force the command.

Does anybody know how to live-migrate with a CLI command? I tried different commands, but nothing has worked.

Thanks in advance,

Philippe