[Xen-users] Some webpages loading incredibly slow (if at all) in a Windows DomU

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Peter Milesson <miles@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:14:41 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:15:39 +0000

Hi folks,

I've got a Windows XP x64 DomU under Xen, and I've noticed that pages from some web servers, most notably Facebook, and AMD seem to get stuck after loading for a short while. Neither does refresh help. They are just completely stuck. It doesn't seem to matter which web browser I'm using. The Windows DomU has got 2GB of RAM reserved, and there are no starvation of resources.

I've got no firewall in the machine, and disabling antivirus software has got no effect. Dom0 has got plenty of memory, increased ticks in the scheduler, and 2 dedicated VCPUs. The machine has got one NIC, and the DomUs connect to a bridge br0 that is created from eth0.

Other network stuff seems to work without problems.

I'm using the PVOPS drivers for Windows.

Anybody got a clue, and I'd be grateful.

Best regards,

Peter