Re: [Xen-users] Trouble getting vga passthrough on Xen 4.4 on Debian Wheezy working

Hello Alex,

You can blacklist modules to prevent devices from being used by creating or adding to `/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf`. ÂA blacklist line might look like `blacklist radeon`. ÂI believe you can check the driver/module name with `lspci -k`.

You might also consider adding the [BusID to your xorg](http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.5/doc/man/man5/xorg.conf.5.html).

Ideally your kernel should be built with [XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND](http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Mainline_Linux_Kernel_Configs) for pciback at boot time, which would allow you to hide your devices from the system when it boots by adding them to your grub.cfg. ÂIf you use the module version it won't execute until after the system boots, by which point the driver generally has already loaded.

There might be other ways of going about this that I am unaware of.

Best of luck,

Casey