Re: [Xen-users] Issues with vcpu-set

On Mon, 2013-09-30 at 10:52 -0600, Yun Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to use "xl vcpu-set" to change the vCPU number of VMs in Xen
> 4.4-unstable and had the following errors.

What was the full command line which you used?

Which exact version of 4.4-unstable (i.e. git commit) were you using?

> libxl: error: libxl_qmp.c:289:qmp_handle_error_response: received an
> error message from QMP server: Unable to add CPU: 0, it already
> exists.
>
> CPU hotplug is enabled in the guest OS.

Please can you provide your guest cfg file and any relevant logs from
under /var/log/xen (especially the ones with the guest name in them).

Please also try "xl -vvv vcpu-set ..." and provide the full logs of that
attempt.

Ian.