Re: [Xen-users] VGA Passthrough of AMD FirePro W7000 to Windows 8: Not enough resources

  • To: Toby Miller <tobycmiller@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gordan@xxxxxxxxxx" <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 15:04:10 +0100 (BST)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 14:05:12 +0000

AFAIR with Xen 4.3.0, Xen has to be patched with
ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/xen-4.2.0.ati-passthrough.patch
cd /path/to/your/xen-4.3.0/directory
wget ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/xen-4.2.0.ati-passthrough.patch -O - | patch -p1
Install xen (make & Co).

This patch below was sent to Xen mailing list a couple months ago. It should prevent you from getting error code 12.

Download the following script to manage domU.

ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/run-passthrough

Update it to your own needs.

When installing AMD driver avoid to install Catalyst Center -- to avoid blue screen.

I did it several time with my HD 7970 and it worked perfectly.

http://www.davidgis.fr/blog/index.php?2013/07/13/954-xen-430-stable-vga-passthrourh-for-ati
http://www.davidgis.fr/blog/index.php?2013/04/05/937-xen-43-unstable-vga-passthrough-hd-7970-windows-7-64-bits-with-more-than-3gb-for-ram