Re: [Xen-users] domU keep crashing when install ubuntu as pv domU

On 10/10/13 02:49, AR (aka AleiPhoenix) wrote:
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Any log?

Wei.

xl dmesg [1]
xl log [2]

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Ian Murray <murrayie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does it end up in an -sc- state? or a -b- state according to xl list?

I have had something similar on seemed to be just certain kernels. I had this most recently trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 on PV (12.10 seemed fine.) What I discovered was that I was using my own personal list of prerequisites for Xen. Looking back at the wiki, my private list was quite outdated and I was by now missing quite a bit of stuff, so I installed what I was missing, recompiled, etc., and the problem went away.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it's -sc-

 Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs State Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  6707     2     r-----     495.2
precise                                    114   512     1     ---sc-       0.1

I've found your situation [3]. I will try with 13.04 vmlinuz , then compile xen by hand, to find out what I'm missing.

Thanks!

No problem. Second time I had this, using a different kernel didn't help (although, that might have been a different issue, because it may have sat as -b- but never progressed, rather than -sc-). The recompile might be a wild goose chase. Where are you currently getting Xen from? I presumed you had compiled by hand, but maybe not...