Re: [Xen-users] root login : cannot execute sh = SOLVED

Hello Ian,

Le 18/10/2013 17:28, Ian Campbell a ÃcritÂ:
On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 17:19 +0200, Dorian Carpentier de Changy wrote:
Indeed at boot I end on root@(none):/#         =>         but I cannot
edit the file.
Why not? What happens when you try?

"mount -o remount,rw /" first perhaps?

Or mount the guests root filesystem by hand from dom0, perhaps using
kpartx if it has a partition table. Since you created it with
debootstrap I assume you know how to do this.

Ian.

the string "mount -o remount,rw /"Â did it. Thank you

I can't parse why init=/bin/bash wasn't enough to pull a trigger.
I had a go in the mount man page to understand the "mount -o remount,rw" string.

How would I start upon to mount the root fs from dom0 , assuming I 'm pretty new to _nix, and in a matter of a fact I had not a clue about debootstrap which I translate clumsily with debian, since I 'm on a debian distro, boot and gibberish. But maybe I ask too much as you must be flooded with question, and I'd dig it out on google, so.

Cheers,
Dorian