Re: [Xen-users] FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

On 10/18/13 10:06, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On 24/06/13 23:06, Miguel Clara wrote:
>> After discussing this with a friend, it seems the problem is not new...
>>
>> See: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-xen/2011-May/000940.html
>>

>> I guess in FreeBSD 9.1 there are no problems, not in older freebsd 10
>> snapshots has my friend confirmed!
>
> Could you bisect the FreeBSD tree to see which change (re-)introduced
> this issue? There haven't been many changes to netfront, so it's not
> going to take much time.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-xen/2011-September/001044.html

This contains the patch which fixed it back with freebsd 8/9... maybe it
helps?

But I can also try to test different revisions.

>> So my guess is this is a regression!
>>
>> I also tried to disable rxcsum and txcsum but I get the exact same problem
>> described above.... meaning, no panic, but also no ssh... just hangs!
>>
>> For now I will leave my tests pending, but I'll be glad to keep testing once
>> this is fixed, If any other details are needed please tell.
>
> Also, could you please fill a PR with the details of the issue, so we
> don't forget about it. I will try to give it a look as soon as possible,
> I just need to reproduce the environment.p

The PR exists already, reported by Hugo Silva here:

Melhores Cumprimentos // Best Regards