Re: [Xen-users] adding entry in Grub for xen

Hi Ian,

I have specific requirement to compile and run on older version.
Any hint on the question?

Regards,
Bhadresh

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2013-10-21 at 19:50 +0530, Bhadresh Udani wrote:

> I have downloaded linux 2.6.18 and xen 3.3.1 and compiled xen kernel.

These are both rather old and no longer really supported.

I recommend that you check out wiki.xenproject.org where you will find
plenty of guides to installing a modern Xen and configuring grub etc. In
particular there are pages for many common distro which include links to
distro specific howtos etc, hopefully there is one for your distro of
choice.

I would strongly recommend using the binary packages provided by your
distro where possible, unless you have some specific requirement to
compile your own.

Ian.

--
Be Positive & Keep Smiling(Jai Jinendra)