Re: [Xen-users] Install Xen 4.4-Unstable

On 10/25/2013 04:16 AM, Ian Murray wrote:

________________________________
From: John Wargo <wargo.john25@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, 25 October 2013, 2:57
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Install Xen 4.4-Unstable

On 10/24/2013 08:24 PM, John Wargo wrote:

Dear people with higher intelligence than me,

I'm trying to install xen 4.4-Unstable from source. I used this
       wiki page :
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Compiling_Xen_From_Source.

Steps I took :

1) Check-out from git (master)
2) ./configure
3) make world
4) make install
5) /sbin/ldconifg
6) Reboot into xen

I'm currently running an up to date version of Fedora 19.

After rebooting I started with 'xen-dmesg' under root, just to see
       if I had a working iommu right out of the box, however it appears
       I don't even have xl:
[root@Hypervisor john]# xl dmesg
bash: xl: command not found

I backed out of root and ran the same thing, and got this result :

[john@Hypervisor ~]$ xl dmesg
xl: error while loading shared libraries: libxlutil.so.4.3: cannot
I'm certain I simply missed one step, but cannot for the life of
       me figure out what it is.
Thanks for your time and expertise,
- John
Further testing shows this to be true for all package types.
     Regardless of if I'm installing xen 4.1, 4.2, 4.3-stable,
     4.3-unstable, or 4.4, this happens every time, so now I know that I
     am indeed missing something.
Any suggestions?

I would double check the wiki sections marked"Library Installation Directory" &
"Python Prefix and Module Layout" to see if they apply to your situation.

-John

Ian,

After checking the "Phython Prefix Section", I deemed it unapplicable as I was having a different issue, and it was aimed at debian.

If there is any reason to try it anyway, let me know,
-John