Re: [Xen-users] Xen Dom0 on Gentoo hardened

Am Montag, 28. Oktober 2013, 10:18:16 schrieb Karoline Haus:
> Hi there,
>
> I was just interested to know if there is anyone out there who has tried
> Gentoo hardened as Dom0?
Yes,
we have some of running ;)

> If so, are there any tutorials for this
> (explaining the latest Xen+Gentoo versions) and are there any other
> experiences you could share about such a set-up? Any reports on
> success/failures would be really helpful.
hmm,
not shure - does most of of my mind, but you may follow:

 - Gentoo hardened Howto (select hardened profile and set hardened USE flags)
 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Hardened_Gentoo

on older systems the CFLAG "-mno-tls-direct-seg-refs " was required - not
shure if it is still requorted, but at least could set without problems on
newer machines.

 - the newer hardened kernels still includes all the stuff you need for xen
from kernel side

 - add "xen" to your USE flags (and possibly other you may find i.e. on app-
emulation/xen - depending from your needs - i.e. "hvm", "pygrub", "qemu",
"screen" etc.)

 - set up xen by:

emerge -v app-emulation/xen app-emulation/xen-tools

configure xen as usual.

hth and good luck.
best regards,

Niels.